Sunday, August 12, 2007

Overload - Assets Continued

Ok, here's an ongoing list of shit we still need.

  • Mailbox - the feds will not be happy - I'm on this

  • New air filters - for both cars, this will increase our gas mileage on the way home

  • coolers - I propose that you work out food storage with the people you live with. Noobs, don't bring more than 3 coolers.
    - Get yours!

  • solar shower - simply putting the shroud together and then taking it apart. I need a length of velcro/some "flap shutting" solution and zipties.

  • PVC for the second dome

  • Rugs - Keep acquiring them, we have an awesome huge one that Vickie found for us, another two big ones would be swell - a few 19$ smaller ones from the 'marts would fill the void as well.

  • Seats - camping chairs outside of the plywood furniture - noobs get some



Add anything you can think of.

10 comments:

Jyesika said...

remember all that yellow rope I bought to move the mattress? Will that stuff work for the domes?

pvc and some plywood to be purchased by us very soon.

Jyesika said...

Also, just sent Kim an email asking if we can borrow her hammock stand.

Jyesika said...

Oh-- mike, was thinking that we could go down the steve and mums with the truck to make the plywood couch and bike rack. Figure this is a better idea than buying tools for the job.

Jyesika said...

Geez- i should combine my comments. We can also store stuff in the art studio at my house.

harry said...

Yellow nylon rope will not work, that will get cut in the corners by the PVC. It says "do not use nylon shit" on the dome building site, so I figure it's from experience.

hammock stand = awesome

fine with going down to steve/moms, I need to get some shit from down there. The playa furniture site says "Ask Home Depot to Cut the shit for you!" and bicho asked down in texas - their equipment was broken tho. I'm going to try this tonight when I buy some.

I have tons of room in my gay-rage.

Anjali Deodhar said...

good idea!!!

bicho said...

oh jys, dunno if you bought pvc yet but if you haven't could you get one extra length? Just remembered that our dome had an accident resulting in "pvc pipe malfunction" and now we have one bent piece.

HD did cut my plywood for me and I almost felt bad because I had the kid make about 10 cuts total. But that probably shaved about 30 minutes off my build time.

I'm probably going to get the Coleman hot water on demand if anyone hasn't bought it yet. msg me if you have.

Jyesika said...

wacky that it took the comments from the older post, yes?

Refer to earlier comment about our money situation.

Also-- totally funny non-seq blog
http://fakesteve.blogspot.com/

Jyesika said...

oh, and kim said she would loan me the hammock stand.

harry said...

Yeah, I just moved the posting time up to the new update - was too lazy to re ordered list this crap and I wanted to use a fancy strikeout tag providing some sort of grocery-list style!