Sunday, June 17, 2007

Camp Shower - Kunt.

This is what I have been wishing for, simple battery operated + propane heater. It's made to be a camp sink, but can easily propel water 7' and heats it well. Pulls easily from a large drum of water/little 6 gallon. For the evap pond we'll just do a black 4x6 tarp rolled up and stapled to 2x4s. I figure we can stand the shower on a pallet with some sort of awesome flooring on top (thinking some cheesy tile samples.)

"shade cloth" could be an interesting way to get the tunnel/extra areas shaded fairly easily. I don't know if it'll be easier (see: cheaper) than burlap, but it comes in large pieces and could very easily span across a few tents. There's also this Aluminet shade stuff that just looks hoss.

HUGE fan of the dry-ice idea, there's none better. The multi little coolers is certainly the way to go. Last year we had a "food" and a "drink" cooler. The drink cooler was what we kept any extra ice in and both kept cold easy. I figure, bicho and I will be combining most of our foods together so we'll be sharing two coolers ourselves.

5 comments:

Jyesika said...

Thats hilarious, I was looking at that exact camp sink this morning. I'm trying to figure out how to make a cool camp kitchen, so we dont always have to dig for stuff in buckets. Also the sink thing makes instant hot water for tea or whatever you need hot water for.

harry said...

I was reading much about cleaning plates on the playa. Soaking is WRONG apparently. The proper, vetran style is to spritz everything lightly with water then let it dry in the sun. everything just wipes off with a paper towel which then can be burnt.

Furthermore, the tip I really liked was involving minimalist kitchen layouts. One pot, one stove burner, nothing harder than that.

Jyesika said...

Thats aluminet cloth is cool.
I see your point with a minimalist kitchen set-up, just constant digging through plastic bins kinda sucks-- i'd like to make some sort of box that opens and makes an organized storage space for metal utinsels and whatnot.
It'll be my own project. I want to make decent Gluten-free camping food to post to my Gluten free blog. So it's kind of a little side project i've got.
http://www.landbigfish.com/images/store/swatches/PS-2142A700s.jpg

http://www.u-bild.com/gifs/213.gif

harry said...

link me to your gluten free blog, I have a habit of keeping tabs on everything.

Jyesika said...

http://wheatstateceliac.blogspot.com