Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Shade Netting


I've a few ideas for potentially sleeping in fast 10AM this year on the playa. Mainly Aluminet.

I have mentioned this stuff before, but never actually done any pricing or dimensioning to figure out what I actually would do.

How do you think this shit will handle the playa? I picture it being similar in characteristic to burlap - just ethereal enough to let the heaviest winds pass through and prevent tearing. I would assuredly get the "taped" variety with good steel rivets for production. The cost, for a 14'x14' square of the 50% shade is approximately 60$. To get what I would require, 14'x7' (to cover just my tent) is approximately 30$. I picture building essentially a small box frame structure, securing it lengthwise to the playa providing my wee tent (maybe bicho's as well) with adequate morning shade.

Diagram is what I think would work. I project 60$ total cost if I just do my tent & some various other room for costume boxes/non potable water. The potential of sleeping past 10AM in the playa heat strikes me as worth 60$.

Opinions?

blog comments powered by Disqus