Monday, February 25, 2008

Pirate Ship, Driving Out there...


Oh how I would love an art car. The above is a very abbreviated version of what I think would be a hilarious golf cart art car. We could go take attack other, larger pirate ships and shoot at them with the flame thrower.

I don't know if Shana or Bicho ever read my comments many blogs ago about traveling out there. But I'm going to repeat them incase you use an RSS reader or something.
"I agree, we obviously will need somebody to drive something out and back in order to have domes and stuff... but if we split the driving b/t 4 people that would be good for every bodies tired level. I for one would want to drive there, and would want to stop off at the house of Bicho/Shana on the way there. Provided they are there of course... it'd make a good break.
However, another thought just occured to me, what if we brought out everything long term to Colorado (Domes, plywood furniture) prior to the trip... if Shana and Bicho want to drive anyway. I want to go skiing and visiting before then anyway and taking it out in trips would be far less stressful. this would mean we could fly out and back... which would be so absolutely awesome.
This depends on the Blythe's storage space at their new home (do you have a garage that can store the domes etc?) and their willingness to drag the domes out there. Obviously we all benefit from our glorious dome structures, but I wouldn't want to impose on their time off either.
So, how do you feel about that Bicho/Shana? And everyone else?

Oh, also, I'm volunteering to make everyone terrorist costumes... b/c i think it would be fabulous fun and well suited to the theme. It'd be hilarious to have a terrorist bar day. For the ladies I was going to pone Blythe's excellent idea of a full burka. I think it's appropriate desert ware. And for the boys something similar to Bob's Halloween costume. And a little Fremen."

"Obviously, if the bicho/shana drive out with trailer were to happen, we'd all put in the the cost of the gas and trailer. Just wanted to clarify. And this time we should collect the $ before we go out there, so we don't end up with all those unnecessary computations at the end, and so nobody has to carry the balance."

2 comments:

harry said...

pwn! it's spelled pwn!

I'm down for a terrorist day, bicho mentioned making some non explosive IED's somehow. I have ideas of making a giant road-side water munition.

However, the golf cart sounds so awesome.

bicho said...

As of yet we still don't have a house in Denver. Hopefully we'll have something in the next month or so but I really can't make any plans to store anything until I have a place.

As for driving out there it's all a big ? until I know if Blythe is actually going or not. If she is I think we were going to try staying in reno a few days beforehand. If she's not going then I'm probably going to try and fly out.

Pirate golf cart is a flippin sweet idea, though I don't know if I could put any money towards it. It'd have to be later in the year if I did.

I will say that anyone who wants to stay at our future place in Denver is more than welcome to. That includes pre/post burning man and whenever else. But yeah, still need to buy a house first.

Btw, did everyone get their tix shipped? ours came a couple weeks ago.